Would you like more information about the benefits of having a doula for your pregnancy and birth?
Contact crysta@cyberdoulas.com or karli@cyberdoulas.com or kimberly@cyberdoulas.com!


Friday, November 9, 2012

Sacred Pregnancy Workshop





I was blessed and honored to be a part of the first Sacred Pregnancy Retreat in Ojai, California this weekend, and to become a certified Sacred Pregnancy instructor.

The strong and beautiful women that gathered for the retreat could not have been a more lovely mix of energies and experiences. As we came together in a circle and looked around the first morning, we knew something special had drawn us all together. This was not your average collection of birth workers! Women came from all over California, the United States, and other countries to gather under the Sacred Pregnancy banner. There were yoga instructors and doulas, midwives and chiropractors. There were shop owners and childbirth educators, writers and readers. This aspect was one of many things that made it different from any experience I have had in the past, as the breadth of experience was so much wider!

Sacred Pregnancy writer and founder, Anni Daulter, has an energy that radiates from her in ways words can’t describe. You just want to be there to soak it up, to draw anything from it you can.

As an added bonus, the retreat site (Ojai Foundation) was beautiful and inspirational, and the opportunity to commune with nature was one I don’t take as often as I should.

The retreat itself equips women with the tools to teach the Sacred Pregnancy classes, which honor expectant mothers and help them to find a sisterhood to be with them through birth and the journey of motherhood. I can barely contain my excitement to share this beautiful program with the women of my community. I know I will be channeling the energy of this weekend every time I bring this experience to a new group of women.
For birth workers called to facilitating these workshops, I could not recommend it enough. I am so honored to have been a part of the first group, and can’t wait to participate in future retreats as a level two! Hope to see you there!

Learn more at www.sacredpregnancy.com of visit Sacred Pregnancy on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment