Would you like more information about the benefits of having a doula for your pregnancy and birth?
Contact crysta@cyberdoulas.com or karli@cyberdoulas.com or kimberly@cyberdoulas.com!


Monday, September 19, 2011

Too Old to Breastfeed?

Natural Mama NZ is a favorite of mine on Facebook (my husband is from New Zealand, and gran is there, so we have lots of connections that we try to keep up!), and when she posted this piece on "extended" nursing, I had to share it. One of my friends just told me this weekend that if my baby was old enough to discuss breastfeeding with, she was too old to breastfeed. I strongly disagree, and while I do think weaning is on our not-too-distant horizon, I think breastfeeding is one of the best gifts I can give my 19 pound 22-month-old! The list of reasons is incredibly long, and I think she does a pretty good job of addressing a lot of them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment